Sent on behalf of Interim Vice Chancellor and Chief Financial Officer Kurt Schnier
Greetings Division of Finance and Administration Colleagues,
As a follow-up to the Jan. 7 message to the university about updated plans for the start of Spring Semester, please note these items and divisional plans:
- For Downtown Campus Center-based staff : As job duties permit, staff are encouraged to work remotely until Monday, Jan. 31, when they can resume their previously established schedules. There is no need to modify telecommute agreements to reflect the extended period of fully remote work.
- For Auxiliary (campus-based) staff :
- Auxiliary operations and services resumed Jan. 3 with on-site training and the enforcement of health and safety protocols.
- The Pavilion is offering “grab and go” food options, but is closed to inside dining until further notice.
- Housing remains open and move-in begins Jan. 14 for those students who have already made arrangements that cannot be changed. Students will be invited to move in through Jan. 30.
- The ECEC is continuing operations and maintaining COVID-19 safety protocols.
- TAPS is maintaining normal operations, including transit services .
- Please attend the DFA Open House at 2 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 13: We will talk about the COVID-19 guidance as it pertains to campus and DFA, divisional contingency plans and answer your questions. Here’s the Zoom link .
- COVID-19 and Campus Operations Town Halls: I recommend that you attend at least one of the two sessions: 12 noon Wednesday, Jan. 12 or 12 noon Thursday, Jan. 13. Chief Resilience Officer Andrew Boyd, along with Human Resources representatives and other university leaders, will provide the latest guidance and answer questions. Watch your inbox, your UC Merced Connect app and the Do Your Part website for registration details and other information about the town halls.
Questions? Please reach out to your supervisor or contact email@example.com.
Please continue to visit the Do Your Part site for the latest information and guidance as we proceed with planning for the return to Spring Semester.
I look forward to seeing you at the DFA Open House.
Interim Vice Chancellor and Chief Financial Officer