Greetings, Division of Finance and Administration colleagues,
As a follow-up to the Dec. 29 campus message regarding the return for Spring Semester, please note of the following items and plans for the Division:
- Vaccination Policy - To be considered fully compliant with the University of California COVID vaccination policy , COVID-19 booster shots are required as soon as one is eligible to receive one – generally six months from the last vaccination. Those not eligible for a booster will be subject to testing on campus on a schedule to be shared next week.
- Face Coverings - Face coverings are required indoors. Surgical-style masks are recommended.
- For Downtown Campus Center-based staff - As job duties permit, staff are encouraged to work remotely for the first two weeks and resume their previously established schedules on Tuesday, Jan. 18. At this time, there is no need to modify staff telecommute agreements to reflect the two-week fully remote period, but please ensure you and your managers provide clear direction to employees and document by email.
- For Auxiliary (campus-based) staff - The following auxiliary operations and services will resume Monday, Jan. 3:
- On-site staff trainings, with all health and safety protocol to be followed.
- Campus dining will be open for “grab and go” options, with limited seating at the Pavilion.
- The ECEC will continue operations and maintain existing COVID-19 safety protocols.
- TAPS will maintain its normal operations, including transit services .
- No indoor events or gatherings (except for instructional settings) that include more than 50 attendees will be held. We anticipate this lasting for the first few weeks of spring semester, but the duration will depend on the pandemic’s status.
- Housing will remain open, with new student move-in starting Jan. 13 and the remainder of resident students returning to campus on Jan. 14.
- The following DFA activities have been postponed (new dates to be announced later):
- AFI Appreciation Breakfast, originally scheduled for Thursday, Jan. 13
- DFA Appreciation Lunches at the DCC, originally scheduled for Jan. 11-12
The above plans are in response to the recent concerns regarding the omicron coronavirus variant that is anticipated to increase in the coming weeks and to provide sufficient time for all of us to receive our boosters in time for the resumption of campus operations. However, all plans are subject to change based on emerging information.
We will hold our next DFA Open House at 2 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 13 via Zoom, when we will provide additional information and answer any questions you may have.
In the meantime, should you have any questions please connect with your supervisor or contact email@example.com.
Wishing you all a Happy and Healthy 2022!
Interim Vice Chancellor and Chief Financial Officer