This form should be used for departments to request the acquisition of surplus property. This process is for department use only, not for personal use. You will have to be connected to the UC Merced Network to access this tool. Select the option to log in as a guest. If you see an item that you are interested in, please copy the surplus number and the description of the item. You can also view items that are currently on auction at Public Surplus at the following link: https://www.publicsurplus.com/sms/list/current?tm=m&sma=y. If there is an item on the auction that you are interested in for department use, copy the auction number and submit a request as soon as possible so we can stop the auction.
- Students are not authorized to request surplus property. The request must come from a faculty or staff member.
- Many of our items are free of charge, but some items do have a cost. If there is a transfer of funds involved, the requesting department must provide a COA. A COA is not required for no cost items.
- Most of the items are stored at the Surplus Warehouse and the requester is responsible for picking up the items.
- The surplus department DOES NOT DELIVER.
Other Surplus Tasks:
- If you have Surplus Property that needs to be picked up. Please submit the request form.
- If you want to be added to the e-mail distribution list for notification of recent surplus available for department use, please use the Equipment Management General Request Option.
- If you have questions regarding surplus policy, please use the Equipment Management General Request Option.
- If you would like to schedule an appointment to visit the Surplus Warehouse, please use the Equipment Management General Request Option.
Requests can be submitted by Faculty/Staff/CBS2.
Requests to acquire surplus property take 3 - 10 days to fulfill.
- Equipment Management will review the request.
- If the item is available, Equipment Management will forward the request to the Department CAO for approval.
- Equipment Management will schedule a time for the requester to pick up the item.
Support for this service is provided during standard operating hours: 8:00 a.m.-5:00p.m., Monday through Friday.
Support for the Surplus Warehouse fluctuates depending upon the workload of the surplus staff. Please use the Equipment Management General Request Option to schedule an appointment or call ahead to make sure someone will be there.
Requests to stop or change a ticket can be made by closing the request, or by requesting request closure in the comments of the request. Please include a brief explanation for the closure request.