This form should be used to request a Fabrication Number.
A fabrication is an item of non-expendable, tangible personal property that:
- has been physically constructed by a University activity;
- has a total acquisition cost of $5,000 or more;
- has a normal life expectancy of more than one year; and
- is expected to be used by the University upon completion.
A product resulting from simple assembly or connecting of various parts does not qualify as a fabrication. A “fabrication” does not include a piece of equipment fabricated for the sole purpose of sale and delivery to an external entity under an award made specifically for the fabrication of the equipment.
Requests can be submitted by Faculty/Staff/CBS2.
Requests take 2 - 5 days.
- Equipment Management will review the request and, if it meets the criteria for a fabrication, will assign a Fabrication Number.
- Equipment Management will send the fabrication number and instructions to the requester.
- Equipment Management will reach out to the faculty member when the fabrication is due to be closed to see if the project is complete.
- When the fabrication project is complete, Equipment Management will capitalize the completed project and send an asset tag to the department equipment custodian.
Support for this service is provided during standard operating hours: 8:00 a.m.-5:00p.m., Monday through Friday.
Requests to stop or change a ticket can be made by closing the request, or by requesting request closure in the comments of the request. Please include a brief explanation for the closure request.