Equipment Custodians use the Equipment Inventory Modification Request (EIMR) to notify Equipment Management that a change in inventory has taken place and the Equipment Register must be updated. Some of the changes that should be reported are as follows:
- Report capitalized assets that have been lost, stolen, destroyed, traded in, requested for surplus, etc.
- Report the acquisition of assets that have been received through sources other than purchase orders (gifts, loans, inter-campus transfers, etc.)
- Transfer Inventorial Equipment to another department or campus.
- Report changes of user, location, or other inventory information changes.
Requests take 2 - 5 days.
- Equipment Management will review the request.
- If the request requires approval, Equipment Management will forward the request to the proper approver.
- Equipment Management will update the Oracle database.