General Accounting provides accounting and financial services to the campus community. We provide information and guidance related to accounting transactions, policy, and reporting needs. Requests can include, but are not limited to, the following areas:
Information & Guidance Request
- Accounting Policy Guidance – General support for accounting policies and treatment of financial activity. Submit general questions using this category. Include a detailed explanation of your question and desired outcome (what is the end goal?).
- Navigation Assistance – General support for interpreting self-service guides on the use of the Oracle Financial System and associated financial tools. Include an explanation for the desired outcome (what is the end goal?)
Financial Report Request
- Financial Statement Reporting Support – Detailed support for preparing a financial statement or other report at a detail or summary level. Include an explanation for what the report should detail and summarize. Include start and end dates the report should capture activity for. Include a date that the report should be delivered by.
General Ledger Inquiry
- General Ledger Interpretation Support – General support for interpreting detailed General Ledger or Sub-Ledger system activity. Include specific questions as applicable. Attach an excel file, report, or screenshot highlighting the specific pieces of information that are related to the request.
- Accounting Form Support – General support for completing or requesting accounting forms. Include the name of the specific form(s) that are related to the request.
Requests can be submitted by any member of the UC Merced community with a UCMNetID/Password.
General Accounting will review the request details and will communicate with the requestor if any additional information is needed.
Requests will be updated to keep the requestor informed of the status or fulfillment of the request. All correspondence will be performed via the request comments. Requests take 1-3 business days to fulfill.
Support for this service is provided during standard operating hours: 8:00 a.m.-5:00p.m., Monday through Friday.
Requests to stop or change a ticket can be made by closing the request, or by requesting request closure in the comments of the request. Please include a brief explanation for the closure request.