What is HCM?
HCM is made up of several interrelated components:
- Personnel Workflow (PWF): the automated personnel action component via OnBase. PWF is the system of record of UC Merced employees and affiliates recording their personnel actions and updates.
- Position Management: module used to create and manage positions. Position records bring together information about job, department, and funding allowing better integration of HR and Budget data for planning and analysis.
- Talent Acquisition Manager (TAM): the recruiting component coming in 2019. TAM will allow departments to review applicants and log the status of their recruitments. TAM serves as the system of record for staff recruitments and integrates with UCPath.
- Talent Development: is a set of integrated organizational HR processes designed to attract, develop, motivate, and retain productive, engaged employees.
- Workforce Planning: the process of analyzing, forecasting, and planning workforce supply and demand, assessing gaps, and determining target talent management interventions to ensure that an organization has the right people - with the right skills in the right places at the right time - to fulfill its mandate and strategic objectives.
What is HCM Hub?
HCM Hub is UC Merced's online community for all things HCM-related, where our employees can find trainings, updates to systems, information, and other relevant information. See menu on right for more information.