What is Bobcat Buy?
Bobcat Buy is a new toolset which will ultimately enhance the way we procure and pay for the goods and services that further our teaching, research and public service mission. The effort to deploy Bobcat Buy is multiphase in nature and will lead to the replacement of the existing CatBuy system. Bobcat Buy is built on the Jaggaer procurement platform, a global leader in higher education business software and UC’s strategic partner for procure-to-pay (P2P) solutions.
Simply put, Bobcat Buy is the most streamlined purchasing process on campus with the lowest overhead cost per transaction.
It contains more than 20 of the most popular suppliers and more suppliers will be added on a consistent basis. It has lab essentials, computing equipment and peripherals, office supplies, and more.
Order and approve from anywhere you have internet access and use your mobile device to approve orders via email or the Mobile App and make sure that your supplies end up where they need to be--in your office or lab, not on a delivery truck or in a supplier's warehouse. Bobcat Buy is the easiest way to buy from contracted suppliers, complete with automatic payments.
When will Bobcat Buy Launch?
Bobcat Buy will roll out in a staggered implementation with the following timeline (subject to change):
- Phase I – Begins on January 21, 2019 and includes Administrative Units and Facilities
- Phase II – Begins on February 18, 2019 and includes Auxiliaries and Student Affairs
- Phase III – Begins on March 18, 2019 and includes Academic Units
Each rollout includes the following phases:
- Engagement and Orientation with Division Leadership
- Identification of Approvers
- Orientation & Training for Approvers
- Orientation & Training for Shoppers
- Shopper and Approver Feedback and Review